How do you have private conversations in the game?

Speak about main and alternative quests of Mars War Logs

How do you have private conversations in the game?

Postby Pensive » 01 May 2013, 20:18

Ok. There are a couple of missions in the game that ask Roy to have a private conversation with one/two of his companions.

I keep failing these missions and I'm stumped as to why.

Am I supposed to break LOS with other NPC's in the area before taking to the companion?
Is the companion supposed to be in or out of Roy's party at the time? [tried both ways]
Is there a mini area I'm supposed to take Roy & Co. to? [couldn't find any]
Something else I've missed completely?

Just curious... and thanks in advance.
Pensive

Re: How do you have private conversations in the game?

Postby jublix » 02 May 2013, 01:06

You can talk to your companions with the E button. just look towards them with the camera. Be careful as it's the same key that drains serum from enemies, been a few times I've had to reload on my good guy save due to messing up and draining a body.

Note:
If you don't know what I'm talking about with the Serum extractor you just haven't gotten far enough in the game yet. Don't worry you'll get one eventually.
jublix

Postby jublix » 02 May 2013, 01:08

Figured I should also mention, if you've used up all dialog. Complete a few missions then talk to them again. Sometimes new options come up.
jublix

Postby Blendwerk » 02 May 2013, 04:34

Sometimes you must talk to them in the hideout, not on the street!
Blendwerk

Postby Pensive » 02 May 2013, 14:12

Thanks for the help, guys. Didn't solve the problem, but...

At least I know it isn't an ingame mechanic I've to comply with beforehand. I obviously missed something elsewhere before reaching the hideout or H.Q. No worries. :)
Pensive

Postby SwamplessThing » 12 May 2013, 22:49

OK, guys, I think both "Have a private conversation" and "Get to know Insert Companion Here better" Are euphemisms* for "Practice making babies all night long." And aren't anything to do with game mechanics.

Also, Jublix, hes talking about romancing his companions, plural, of course he is past the serum extractor.

*(A feminism 8-) )
SwamplessThing

Postby smashly » 13 May 2013, 01:11

The private conversation (relationship part) of the 2 side quests is bugged for me.
But in a good way as I get more XP for doing both private conversations.
This spoiler is tedious and long:
Spoiler : :
Going the path with the General and I arrive at Green Hope with his right hand woman.
I start asking here question if she's single and she asks why I'm asking..
I get out of the conversation before going any further.
We get to the Generals meeting point in Green Hope and I get Mary to follow me just outside the the door and she throws herself at me and I accept.
The Side Quest objective for Mary is marked as complete successful.
The Side Quest objective of get to know more about the Generals right hand women is marked as failed.
I head back in the room with the General and I talk to the generals right hand women and the dialogs about asking her personal stuff is still there and I follow the dialog to the point of saying I'm interested in her.
I ask her to join me, head out the door and she throws herself at me and I say yes.
The Quest log now shows that the quest was successful even though prior it said it had failed.
Marys quest that was marked as completed successful is now showing find out more about Mary.
But you can't seem to take it any further after that.
As I said the plus side of it is you get XP for 2 relationships.
smashly

Postby Dreizehn » 21 July 2013, 14:53

I still don't get it.
At the moment I just reported to Marco I succeeded in the sabotage of the gas valve.
I also have the side quest to enter the resistance's hideout for getting into a private conversation with
Spoiler : :
Mary
. No matter where inside this hideout I speak to her. Nothing happens. I can exit and re-enter it - it doesn't matter.
Is this a bug, a problem with the german translation of the game (maybe another location is meant?) or am I still missing something?
Dreizehn

Return to Quests