Charity is lost?

Speak about main and alternative quests of Mars War Logs

Charity is lost?

Postby Inquisitive » 05 May 2013, 12:18

Hi guys.

I have a problem in the quest "A step back" (I´m playing the german language version there it´s called "Ein Schritt zurück"), I´ve defeated Tenacity and allowed him to join me. Now I´ve entered my hideout but charity is not there, why? My map is pointing to this place but she is lost.

Are there possibilities to inster her with a cheat console or so on?

If it would be necassary I can upload my save.

See you.
Inquisitive

Re: Charity is lost?

Postby Bobfish » 05 May 2013, 14:03

In English it's called A Bit of Perspective.

Go into your little shack and look up :(

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/846 ... 06FEAE6B8/
Bobfish

Postby Inquisitive » 05 May 2013, 14:55

I was in my shack/flat and there she wasn´t. In their bar she was not too.

Inquisitive

Postby Nogardernaerok » 06 May 2013, 07:22

I have the exact same problem actually and i know 2 more guys who are experiencing it as well during "a bit of perspective". Charity is not inside the hideout after beating Tenacity. I've tryied to dismiss Mary before the fight, hiring/killing Tenacity after the fight, still no sign of Charity, she vanished. I'm running out of options and i am pretty much stuck in the game. I don't even know what i'm supposed to do from there since i can't talk to Charity.
Nogardernaerok

Postby Sirkel » 06 May 2013, 14:30

Hello,

The issue with Charity is under investigation. It is linked to the bug which affected other PNJs that unfortunately learned how to fly. :)

We'll keep you posted !
Focus Team - Community Manager
Sirkel

Postby Pensive » 06 May 2013, 18:14

Just encountered this bug too. Oddly enough, I didn't come across this on my first or second playthroughs (both were before the last update). Here's hoping you nail the bug for good.

:Edit/Update:

May or may not be related, but the side quest "Working for Charity: Get the money from Morality, the bad payer" doesn't seem to complete properly. Even tho' this is "ticked" in the side quest log and Charity thanks Roy; when Roy visits the area again there are always three bandits to defeat and then Roy is given the option to kill or let Morality go (it doesn't matter if Roy has met General Honour beforehand, or not).

I let Morality live which is different to previous playthroughs where I've killed him.

Also, no sight of the side quest "Working for Charity: Teach the Mafiosi threatening Charity a lesson". I can't remember if it's supposed to be offered before or after you rescue Charity. I thinks it before tho'.
Pensive

Postby Nogardernaerok » 07 May 2013, 15:17

Pensive wrote:May or may not be related, but the side quest "Working for Charity: Get the money from Morality, the bad payer" doesn't seem to complete properly. Even tho' this is "ticked" in the side quest log and Charity thanks Roy; when Roy visits the area again there are always three bandits to defeat and then Roy is given the option to kill or let Morality go (it doesn't matter if Roy has met General Honour beforehand, or not).

I let Morality live which is different to previous playthroughs where I've killed him.

Same here, i let the man live the first time but then when i came back later in this area i had to beat him and the bandits once again even though this quest from Charity was complete. I'm not sure if it was intended. It didn't stop me from pursuing the playthrough so i don't know if it really messed up anything.

Pensive wrote:Also, no sight of the side quest "Working for Charity: Teach the Mafiosi threatening Charity a lesson". I can't remember if it's supposed to be offered before or after you rescue Charity. I thinks it before tho'.

I quickly watched some playthroughs to make sure i didn't miss anything important and noticed this mafiosi quest is (only?) given to you if you told Charity you're more like the executioner type after completing one of her previous quests (i'm not sure which one, maybe this one with Morality).
Nogardernaerok

Postby Pensive » 07 May 2013, 19:47

I've been able to complete "A bit of Perspective" since installing the Public Beta 1712 patch. It works again. Thanks Devs & Co. 8-)
Pensive

Postby Inquisitive » 09 May 2013, 08:39

Thank you very much! The patch is the solution and the show can go on. :P
Inquisitive

Return to Quests