The Blues / Escape Together

Speak about main and alternative quests of Mars War Logs

The Blues / Escape Together

Postby smashly » 10 May 2013, 04:28

Hi,
Am I missing something or is just not possible to do this side quest with the feeling of satisfaction even though the side quest completes with success?
Prior to any game patches I appear to have 3 options to get Bob sent home.
1) Beat him up (haven't even tried that path at all)
2) Poison him (tried it at half dose and they still keep him in the prison because he's to sick to move)
3) Get him to escape with us (have done this and all goes well, I keep him healthy and he disappears after turning off the transformer and I climb down after it. At no point can I commune with Bob after escaping with him)

After my game was patched doing the 3rd option (escape with us) when clearing the guards around the transformer, Bob just dies for no reason.. WTF?
Even though he's healthy and out of harms way, kill the last guard before the transformer and I end up on the ramp in a cut scene Bob saying "I'm hurt, go on without me" and me saying "Bob won't be coming with us".
Bob and myself are not even near the ramp at all and Bob is 100% healthy prior to killing the last guard.

I really got no satisfaction in the quest what so ever no matter which way I've played it, even worse satisfaction since the game was updated.
smashly

Re: The Blues / Escape Together

Postby Pensive » 11 May 2013, 17:40

Spoiler : :
1) ... doesn't lead to anything.
2) ... less than half: Bob lives and returns home. (Success)
3) ... He dies. (Partial success?: "escaped" the prison)

Heh, 3) makes no sense at all. Unless Roy was related to Bob ( his brother, married to his sister... ), there's no way in hell I'd see a prisoner tell a guard that... no matter how friendly!
Pensive

Postby Blendwerk » 11 May 2013, 17:42

Yeah that was totally and utterly bullshit. :evil:
Blendwerk

Postby smashly » 12 May 2013, 00:26

Pensive wrote:

Heh, 3) makes no sense at all. Unless Roy was related to Bob ( his brother, married to his sister... ), there's no way in hell I'd see a prisoner tell a guard that... no matter how friendly!
That option 2 (half dose poisoning) I gather your assuming the outcome?
After I did option 2 and I check with the Doc or Jey and ask "hows Bob" and "will they be sending him home?", both tell me they'll be keeping Bob in the prison cause he's to sick to move.
As I said both options 2 & 3 will mark the quest with success, but really not rewarding since neither method seems to get Bob sent home to his family as originally suggested in the side quest.
smashly

Postby Pensive » 12 May 2013, 01:05

smashly wrote:
Pensive wrote:

That option 2 (half dose poisoning) I gather your assuming the outcome?
After I did option 2 and I check with the Doc or Jey and ask "hows Bob" and "will they be sending him home?", both tell me they'll be keeping Bob in the prison cause he's to sick to move.
As I said both options 2 & 3 will mark the quest with success, but really not rewarding since neither method seems to get Bob sent home to his family as originally suggested in the side quest.

No assumptions; done all three options. Just go really easy on the mildew when preparing the poison and Bob will be ok.
Pensive

Postby smashly » 12 May 2013, 01:34

Went and did option 2 again.
I see an option for "just a bit", when I first played the quest I did not have the 3rd option in the dialog for "just a bit".
I only had Full and Half.. well that puts my mind at rest now..lol
I feel satisfied!
Thanks

But still doesn't add up with Bob just mysteriously dieing in the 3rd option "escape with us".
But at least one option gives me what I'm after. All Good
smashly

Return to Quests