Brutally hard on medium + some questions

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Brutally hard on medium + some questions

Postby swatti » 30 April 2013, 12:34

Im not sure if im doing something wrong here but im getting wasted by a group of enemies WAY too fast, i picked medium difficulty to get some challenge but ive found a battle i simply cannot win nor bypass.

Theres maybe 6 enemies or so, one i can "knockout" and the rest will swarm me, Innocence lasts maybe 2 seconds and depending how far i manage to run, i last for like 10sec and the gunners kill me. No abilities to controll multible enemies, theres a dog in the mix that cant be hurt from the front, 2-3 enemies keep hitting me with no chance to hit back...
IF i had tons of craftable bombs, traps, mines and healing-items i might be able to kill em, but i allready had to spend ALL of them at "his place" where i had to go thru similar misery.
Technomancer-skills take WAY too long to cast and do maybe 20% damage to one target, shield lasts maybe 10sec and takes way too long to cast...

I dont get it...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, some questions:
- Can you upgrade or change companion equipment? Innocence loses 1on1 to a common thug...
- World map, open world, etc... Is there such or is this a tunnel-run with sidequests?
- Info on technomancy skills, what are they all supposed to do even?

More to come maybe.
swatti

Re: Brutally hard on medium + some questions

Postby gruia » 30 April 2013, 14:15

well against those thugs you can run and gun. run use Q and shoot em.
I personally finished the game with combat alone (maxed all skills in combat)
using the shield for Teh is really good. Didn't try the damage spells (

I really don't think you can't win that fight in Medium, no matter what skills you updaded. I finished the game without using health potions.

ALso consider sometimes not all AI are alerted, so try to fight in smaller areas. Oh, and the dog does damage to every1, so just ignore him, and he'll attack the AI
gruia

Postby Blendwerk » 30 April 2013, 15:14

I agree. I play it on "Easy" and it is challenging. Evasion and health potion are the key to success. the fact that you must have a target is very annoying.

But I like the combat a lot and I have many Technomance rspells and additional very good at combat skills. so a good mix.
Blendwerk

Postby swatti » 30 April 2013, 18:22

Can i respec my charter? I spent lots on stealth and it doesnt offer anything really, i can still take out single targets if there ever were singles or there are multible enemies watching every way so you cant even use stealth.

That particular dog attacks only me or my amazing sidekick. Sidekick goes down in like 2-3 gun-shots and then all five attack me all at once. I cant go past them since they are near the door i need to go thru and if i hit one, they all attack.
I dont have any crafting mats left, i had to use all to make tons of bombs to survive the previous battle.

I dont get the combat, only thing i can do is bash mouse left and F, if i block, every enemy will use guard-break so whats the point. Half the enemies are immune to sand throw IF it hits, i have it improved btw and it doesnt last long enough to kill anything since one guy is blocking and other is hitting me so im thrown back all the time.

QUESTIONS still stand.
How do i equip the partner and is there any open-world gameplay?
swatti

Postby gruia » 30 April 2013, 19:22

the game is limited open world yes. But I guess you figured this out by now.
No respec
No equip for partner

Suggestion, move alot, dodge alot. Yes, I've tried not putting any points in the combat tree, on the highest difficulty. And when I reached the dogs I realised it took too long, so I gave up. Yeah I think the stealth tree is really badly designed. You can't make it with just that. but you can make it without it .. so there goes replayability.

If you don't think you can make it, start over I guess. But try using guns more. Stealth tree has guns buffs right?
gruia

Postby swatti » 30 April 2013, 21:55

Well, i think this is it for me then. If there were a save-editor or cheat to reset my char i might try but no way im playing the start again... A bit dissapointing about Bob and tedious running from one place to another.

Mass effects had that "allmost sandbox" feel that was slowly killed away, left a mark on me... Never again.

Combat is FAR from what it could be. It first felt lot like Assasins Creed but not as fun or fluid, AC also has that "enemies wait their turn" and Mars showed us why...
swatti

Postby gruia » 30 April 2013, 22:32

I enjoyed fighting, although I played it pretty boringly
and enjoyed the AI

People are complaining that the game is too short )) yet you feel its too much to start over.

I really don't think you can get stuck in the game at medium difficulty. Is that a mandatory fight? if not , ignore the sidequest, take another route.

try running around in circles and stealing hits on the ranged AI.. you can do it ! :D
gruia

Postby winehouse204 » 01 May 2013, 03:20

It shouldnt be about hitting and running or toning the difficulty down. Its about enjoying the story and whatever difficulty you chose. Halo on legendary should be legendary. MWLogs on medium should be.. ya know, a good beating here and there but you make it to the end only dying within single-digits.
winehouse204

Postby gruia » 01 May 2013, 08:41

Yeah, thats why I hate difficulty settings.
If there weren't any, You would have to think of taking a different approach.
But given the second lowest difficulty and running into problems, then its the designer's fault here. That stealth tree is really underpowered

Please guys, on future project, stop using difficulty settings, and tweak the game better. THanks
gruia

Postby riham » 21 November 2014, 05:38

Thats... dissapointing. And kinda surprising, I am almost level 20 and I've not even gotten any other companions yet... the ending must be really rushed.

It's kinda annoying that you get the Technomancy when you are already level 13. At this point I had already invested a lot of skill points, and now I wont be able to master technomancy fully.
Download high quality Testking 642-447 exam dumps to prepare and pass ccvp with Testking dumps Also get free demos of www.usna.edu for review of mcitp McDaniel College
riham

Return to General