Romances

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Romances

Postby UndefinedM » 30 April 2013, 14:49

i've completed the game and i must say it's okay-ish..but the "romances" could have been removed altogether since they were so...simple.
nothing during the whole game then at the last chapter a lame "you want to romance x or y or none?", a cutscene that was basically the same for either selection and..that's it. a logbook entry and then it's never mentioned again.
UndefinedM

Re: Romances

Postby gruia » 30 April 2013, 15:03

Well I never got that choice. ) It depends on how you play it. If you played as if you wanted a romance, you get the choice, right?
gruia

Postby UndefinedM » 30 April 2013, 15:06

i'm not sure..both options kinda throwed themselves at me at that point of the plot
UndefinedM

Postby gruia » 30 April 2013, 15:23

I never had any :|

Mary was off to start with, and then with the general's girl, it didn't work out in the last chapter, (maybe a bug dunno) and I chose my old time buddy as companion for the ending. It sound pretty ugly to choose dialogs not implying romance, and ending up with one ))
but if you think of it, thats how real life works
gruia

Postby UndefinedM » 30 April 2013, 15:37

it's just that everything happened really fast, but then was never mentioned again. i kept using devotion after picking her and all the dialogs that happened during the main quests didn't acknowledge any kind of relationship between the two and so did the ending.
UndefinedM

Postby Blendwerk » 02 May 2013, 05:02

The romances were forced, rushed and unnecessary for a short game like this. But who complains about that?

Blendwerk

Postby Pensive » 02 May 2013, 14:41

UndefinedM wrote:i've completed the game and i must say it's okay-ish..but the "romances" could have been removed altogether since they were so...simple.
nothing during the whole game then at the last chapter a lame "you want to romance x or y or none?", a cutscene that was basically the same for either selection and..that's it. a logbook entry and then it's never mentioned again.

Sound like what Skyrim's had...
I'm surprised this game has a "romance" at all. You don't get to know the companions well enough.

Really, it might have been an idea to start and then hint at something more (flirting) by the end of the game; to be continued (or not) in a future episode...
Pensive

Postby arcaniaz » 16 June 2013, 09:16

I chose Mary and in the end of the game she does look concerned when I walk through the door saying
Be careful Roy you're all I have.
I think that was what she said, maybe a bit different but thats it. i did like that because at first I thought it was just ignored. With Mary I chose not to sleep with her in the beginning saying I only want it to happen if she wants it to. I thought she would never say anything after that but she did say she wanted to after a while.
Mary is 'fleshed out' a bit more perhaps?
arcaniaz

Postby Serdancellino » 22 August 2013, 12:57

It is a funny cut-scene, very specialy, but funny :-)
Serdancellino

Return to General