Difficulty = False.

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Difficulty = False.

Postby winehouse204 » 01 May 2013, 03:16

Alright, I started this game on medium. The combat was juuuuust right up until I ran into the weapons dealer guy and his cronies with innocence. I've done that twice now with an evenly-skilled (points into sneaking and melee) and pure melee character.

Two points on that: If you devs made medium into an actual medium difficulty, that'd be great. I'd end the fight with half health and not complain. I havent wasted my skill points by any means, I've invested in health upgrades and melee dodge increases.. the AI doesnt take their time at all when hitting, it is truly a gang beatdown. Which is realistic - I get that. I'm in prison so by all means beat the sh!t out of me. But I switched to easy on and I'm getting reamed on the mushroom fields by moles, now! Is there a hidden nail gun that I should go find? I've ragequit on this a few times, now. What is this difficulty level if not a false indicator? Easy should always be easy. Where is that statistic that states that 80% of people dont complete the games they play? Which brings me to my second point..

If youre going to include skill trees with the RPG element, dont force me to pick purely melee just to get through a section. I can max sneaking and still get caught before I take someone out.. and I can max melee and still get gang-beaten because I didnt do a hit-and-run over and over and over. Constructive criticism, I love the game and want to keep playing but dangit, really? Tone this difficulty down.
winehouse204

Re: Difficulty = False.

Postby Pikosil » 01 May 2013, 12:02

You simply don't know how to play the game, combat, evading, managing resources, you don't know how to do any of it.
I played on hard difficulty from the beginning and only had problems when I'm unprepared(ammo/explosives) or greedily don't evade/block.

The combat is superb.

P.S.
Didn't invest a single point in Combat tree until lvl 17.
Pikosil

Postby gruia » 01 May 2013, 13:06

come on dude, dogs are a pain without combat and guns. hmm I guess I shouldve went for the mines first to get the gun darn ). So guns work on dogs front hit?
I'll probably do another playthrough with stealth n guns then ! :D
gruia

Postby Pikosil » 01 May 2013, 14:50

gruia wrote:come on dude, dogs are a pain without combat and guns.

What are you talking about, you don't need guns and combat for dogs at all, just roll away if you see a charge or roll behind their backs, what's the problem?
Pikosil

Postby winehouse204 » 06 May 2013, 21:35

Pikosil wrote:You simply don't know how to play the game, combat, evading, managing resources, you don't know how to do any of it.
I played on hard difficulty from the beginning and only had problems when I'm unprepared(ammo/explosives) or greedily don't evade/block.

The combat is superb.

P.S.

I like the combat. It's a nice mix of a great many games. Riddick, fallout, any given third person shooter's melee system. I find the 'mancy to be useful but invocation far too easily interrupted. I find combat fulfilling when solo'ing about 3 guys. The AI partner.. (side complaint on that) is no substitute for a battle buddy who can help you take down 6-10 guys at the same time. I can block all I want, it isnt going to be like playing Pirates of the Caribbean (Sea Dogs 2, awesome game but unfinished/unpolished and wont get the chance it deserves unlike my hope for M:WL) where I can block everybody ad infinitum and get in a swipe every so often. Nor can I hope the AI takes turns whapping me, it is a gang beatdown and rolling away simply postpones my reload/redeath/quit-game-and-post-suggestions-for-the-sake-of-others. I'm glad you made it to level 17 without investing anything in combat. While on hard. Good for you, but some of us like to pick it up after work for some quick fun and dont want to actually have to grind low level enemies for money to buy mines/grenades. If I wanted to grind cash and experience I'd play LotRO or SW:O. I'm playing a game that the devs admit is still unbalanced/unpolished. I'm not here to troll them, I'm suggesting a toning-down of difficulty for me, and if you breezed through the game yourself, suggest a higher difficulty level for yourself.

I'm kinda disapointed at the metascore on Steam. 62? That means I'm not the only one finding ways it could be tweaked. :) I paid my 20$, I see the promise in Spiders' future and as a member of this community.. hell yeah I'm going to suggest a lot.

Side complaint:
*Why cant I level them up?
*Their orders would be particularly useful if they worked. As it stands anything but 'Attack Closest' is a death sentence while they're pathing over to me and getting whapped all the time on the way over to attack my guy.
*I dont like having to utilize my AI partner simply as a diversionary dummy to soak up some damage while I run off to charge the weapon or let my health refill.

I like the game, I really do. This is constructive criticism. :)
(A lot to read, but it is more for the devs than you, buddy)
winehouse204

Postby Hecate » 12 May 2013, 20:37

The combat is excellent and I like the dogs you can not simply just click a button to hit them you have to use tactics to get behind them to hurt them, its called a challenge.
Hecate

Postby winehouse204 » 16 May 2013, 02:47

Pikosil wrote:You simply don't know how to play the game, combat, evading, managing resources, you don't know how to do any of it.

The combat is superb.

P.S.

On my second play through. My first trip through was on easy. I had the best armor, fully upgraded with damage resistance instead of electrical resist or critical % up buffs. I upgraded my evade/block skills fully and spammed them like a beast. Learned how and when the enemies attack. Learned my technomancy timing and how useful the area of attack or stun effects are on everything.

So.. if I may be so bold, "stop lying" or at least admit you actually tested every single battle, died once after learning where they spawned and then mined every approach and spammed the nailgun. Which is combat, sure.. but just HOW is that fun in the least?! If I wanted to plan out every single fight, I'd play Final Fantasy Tactics or Ogre Battle. As it stands, the game looks like Chronicles of Riddick and plays like a capcom button-masher where every enemy attacks at once.

P.S. Grenades are overpowered, upgrade items for weapons/armor are absolutely everywhere, am I the only one who actually wants a path thru the game that doesnt require spamming the long-range/overpowered gun and grenades?! All paths should be equally powered! If you cant nerf THOSE things, boost stealth and melee or take the customization trees out - as there isnt really a unique way to play the game when you have to boost certain stats out of necessity.
winehouse204

Postby warmer » 29 July 2013, 18:06

I find that each combat situation is fairly unique. The number of enemies and method of attack as well as the area changes. The combat is fairly realistic in my opinion. It should be difficult on medium but not incredibly hard. I'm playing on medium right now. I had to reload a few times for a some fights once I got to Shadowland sp? The guards there are really tough. What really has helped me is a constant crafting of better equipment and Health injections!!! If you haven't upgraded your "move while using an injection" you are seriously hurting yourself. That is so useful when you are getting ganged up on, roll out and run away while using an injection. Then give yourself a little time to regen health before you jump back into the fray. Also take out the shooters first if possible. They interrupt my technomancy stuff all the time. Once you get the "can not be interrupted at the last second" ability in technomancy it makes it a bit easier.

My method on a big group of enemies Charge your weapon, sneak up and attack. if no sneak is available, shoot some lightning at the nearest enemy and roll back and charge and start wailing. Charging up is a huge benefit when guys are wearing big armor. Grenades are also great. Sneak up and lob one. Taking your time is how combat seems to be won when I play. Just going in like Conan or Rambo doesn't work. Tactics are a big part of winning combat for me.
warmer

Postby goggs25 » 07 August 2013, 12:49

The combat system works when you have 4 enemies around you any more then that the combat system is broken. Then there's the auto aim which you can only use when you have 1 enemy left otherwise if you roll or dodge the auto aim switch to another target. Some of the skills don't work like the skill that allow's you to cast magic without been interupted by the enemy that does not work & the weapons & armor are shit for example I have the electric reduction of 44% on my armor I put on another armor with no electric reduction & the enemy takes off the same amount of HP with the electric attack. I just wish they TEST THE GAME before realesoing it
goggs25

Return to General