Can I share my thoughts?

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Can I share my thoughts?

Postby Doctreez » 05 June 2013, 02:48

(this post may have some spoilers, be careful! :O)

Guys, I must say. Mars: War Logs made me feel so confused! Its a mix of feelings and sensations that I never had before - I never wanted so much to discuss a game and never felt so sad for enjoying it alone, while all my friends play League of Legends or Dota.

I admit that yes - I had the feeling that the final part was made in a rush and it may have affected the game's image along with some other detais. But I believe Mars' positive points are above it. It's a wonderful first chapter of what can be a Grand Saga.

I mean (and here comes the spoilers) What happens with Innocence? Does he and Roy met again? Innocence will hate me? Is that Militia guy I freed Innocence's father? Will the mutants conquer some respect? What are the REAL objectives of that mutant experiments? (Because seriously, I don't think the technomancers would accept to do a shit only to satisfy an old man's wish) Will the Resistence be ok with the new "Honour's way of Life"? Will Mars' people try to go back to the Earth? Will the Technomancers just accept all this and stay silent? Won't they feel opressed? What if they try to organize a resistence themselves?

I realize that since this game was (or I think it was) built around this whole idea of some sort of "War Diary", it won't show us every single detail in the world - one can't put in one page what happened in 3 years. But --- Cmom guys. This universe is SO RICH. The characters you created are CRAVED SOOO DEEP in my head. Please tell me you are not ONLY working in improvements for this first game - please, PLEEEEASE - tell me that there's some DLC's or a whole new "Mars: War Logs 2" coming.

Think of me as a girl. You don't want to make a girl cry. Right?

Oh, and I have a serious favour to ask you. Please. Let me have more than one profile per game? I wanted to play again, but this would erase my last savings, right? I'm seriosly thinking in backup this save file and start again, but... Ya'know.

PS: You had me in the first cutscene. At this point, exactly:
2013-05-01_00003.jpg
2013-05-01_00003.jpg (238.07 KiB) Viewed 4738 times

PPS: (Please don't mind any grammar error. English is not my first language)
Doctreez

Re: Can I share my thoughts?

Postby Sirkel » 05 June 2013, 08:47

Hi Doctreez!

Thanks for your support. :) It is great for the team to know how much players appreciate the game they crafted.

Currently there is no plan for a DLC nor a sequel. But that's not the last time you're going to hear about Spiders. :) The team is at work on another project named Bound By Flame which -from what I've seen- is going to be epic.

I can't say if there will be plans about expanding Mars: War Logs universe in the future -as I have no clue- but keep the feedbacks coming. Who knows what could happen. :)

Thanks again for your kind feedback, we truly appreciate it.

PS : I noted your feedback regarding the profile. I don't know how long it could take for it to be taken in account, I can't promise you it will, but for know the only thing I can advise you is to move your saved games to another folder to keep it safe while you play your next playthrough. I'll do my best on my side. :)
Focus Team - Community Manager
Sirkel

Postby Selarum » 12 June 2013, 19:34

It's a pity really that a DLC isn't in the development plan. As an potential title for the company I would have imagined it to build upon something that it can actually use to solidify itself within the gaming world before jumping straight into another project. I actually think Spiders has hit upon something that will make them a name within video game collections.

I would hate for the company to end up being a small name company that churn out many games when it could focus on a good game it develops and build from there. I guess I'm idealistic that way but I think it would be a bad idea to not continue developing Mars War Logs, otherwise this game may end up as another Advent Rising
Selarum

Postby arcaniaz » 19 June 2013, 18:09

:D I agree with you completely Selarum. Spiders should focus on this game and make a sequel out of it or even an ongoing franchise! The world of Mars War Logs has so much potential how can they just stop now? I wish I could do more to support this game but I already bought it and I plan to buy the disc version too :| . This is one of those rare games that you don't see often. It's a budget game but it ended up being better than a lot of full priced games that are out there. I sincerely hope Spiders sees the potential this game has...
arcaniaz

Postby razabashir » 17 February 2015, 10:54

It's a pity really that a DLC isn't in the development plan. As an potential title for the company I would have imagined it to build upon something that it can actually use to solidify itself within the gaming world before jumping straight into another project. I actually think Spiders has hit upon something that will make them a name within video game collections.
razabashir

Return to General