[SOLVED] Problems on controls - using Xbox 360 controller

Having tech problems? Need a driver? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.

[SOLVED] Problems on controls - using Xbox 360 controller

Postby ewsg » 28 April 2013, 15:45

Dear Friends,

I purchased Mars: War Logs, and started to play it. I'm having some problems with the Xbox 360 controller on PC.

When controlling the character I notice several "lags", "gaggings", "stops", etc. I don't know how to describe it well, but the controls are not "right". The character start running alone, for few seconds, stop, start walking, etc. The controls are strange. I know that the problem is not with my control, because it works fine on all other games I play on my PC.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me. :)
ewsg

Re: Problems on controls - using Xbox 360 controller

Postby PsychoBoyTyler » 28 April 2013, 16:51

I have the exact same issue! Also created a separate thread for this. I get the same of lag and stutters while moving. It's rather annoying and makes the game unplayable.

I'm actually not sure if it's a controller issue though. I need to check with KB/M.
PsychoBoyTyler

Postby PsychoBoyTyler » 28 April 2013, 17:01

Okay I just checked. It's definitely not a controller issue (unless what you are experiencing is a different problem). It happens with KB/M as well. The game works fine for about 5 minutes and then starts lagging. It's almost as if the frame rate jumps between 60 and 20 fps for a few seconds constantly.
PsychoBoyTyler

Postby ewsg » 28 April 2013, 17:27

Hi,

I don't noticed framerate drop, just that issue with controllers. I tried with keyboard and mouse, and the same happens. Maybe someone from Spiders cold help us? :)
ewsg

Postby FocusTechSupport » 28 April 2013, 19:16

If your XBOX 360 controller is not correctly detected by the game, please install the latest Windows drivers for the controller:

WINDOWS XP/WINDOWS VISTA/WINDOWS 7 32
1. Click http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... _32Eng.exe
2. Save the application file Xbox360_32Eng.exe on the hard disk.
3. Once the download done, run Xbox360_32Eng.exe and follow the instructions.

WINDOWS VISTA/WINDOWS 7 64
1. Click http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... _64Eng.exe
2. Save the application file Xbox360_64Eng.exe on the hard disk.
3. Once the download done, run Xbox360_64Eng.exe and follow the instructions.

Otherwise, please run the game and click Options then Video.
Set SSAO and FXAA to Disabled.
Click the button "Save and quit" then the button OK.
Start a new game.

Do you have this lag issue again?
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM
FocusTechSupport
Administrateur

Postby ewsg » 28 April 2013, 21:31

But, are you saying that I need to reinstall the drivers and to start a new game, again, from the beginning, and also play without SSAO and FXAA, when the same controller is running fine with several other games?
ewsg

Postby FocusTechSupport » 29 April 2013, 07:38

We never had this problem and we have tested the game with the Microsoft XBOX 360 controller and other controllers too (MadCatz MLG Pro Circuit, MadCatz FPS Pro...) without any problem.

So now we try to find if the problem comes from the controller drivers, or something related to a graphics setting.
We try to reproduce the problem too.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM
FocusTechSupport
Administrateur

Postby BlackScorp » 29 April 2013, 08:10

Hello guys,

i bought the game yesterday as well, currently iam Using Windows 8 x64 and could download only Win7 Drivers. My XBox Controller is working on Steam TV Mode i can navigate throught Menu but when i start the game and setup XBox Controller, there are no reactions , can use only with Keyboard and Mouse. Any Ideas what can i do?

Best regards
BlackScorp

Postby FocusTechSupport » 29 April 2013, 09:21

This is very strange. These drivers are for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 only, so not required for Windows 8.

Except the keyboard, the mouse and the game controller, do you have another USB device connected (a wheel for example)?
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM
FocusTechSupport
Administrateur

Postby BlackScorp » 29 April 2013, 09:27

well acutally i have a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, USB Headset and XBox Controller connected, no free USB devices. You think unpluging them will fix the Problem? Going to test that out afternoon
BlackScorp

Next

Return to Technical Support